This layout is being built by club members to 18.83mm track gauge, commonly known as S4.
Port Solway is an imaginary terminus of the NER with Maryport and Carlisle having running powers to their own branch line serving a dock situated a little further along the coast. The period is around 1910 and at that time the Solway Firth was becoming a popular place for taking sea air and the beneficial effects of bathing hence the need for a large hotel to accommodate many hardy visitors. Fish is landed in the dock behind the station and grain is imported and stored in the large warehouse before transporting to Carr's mill at Carlisle.
Buildings are mostly based on NER prototypes or local structures around Silloth. The viaduct crosses a minor river leading into the estuary itself. Rolling stock and locomotives are mainly kit built by the operators and some are scratch built.
These three images are up to date scenes showing our Port Solway.
More photos will be uploaded shortly.
At the 2012 exhibition a NER 4-4-0 crosses the River Solway after leaving Port Solway station.